Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sunday Evening Night Dump

Hi! What a weekend. I got bit with the stomach flu, Lisa is sick, and Dietrich won a soccer championship this afternoon. Whew! it was something else! here are some thoughts I took away from today's experience at church.

1. There were a lot of people either sick or out of town this week. I wasn't the only one who was sick! Pray for them.
2. Christy said the copy machines at the Y didn't work again. It's tough when you depend on something and it doesn't come through. Such are the hazards of new church work.
3. I enjoyed worship, but I missed having Lisa at my side. She was at home sick.
4. It was GREAT to preach today. I haven't preached the last couple weeks and it was awesome to share God's word again. When you study, pray, and meditate over a message it really is a fire in your bones to get it out. It was great to get it out today!
5. At the budget meeting it was really neat to hear how the elders came up with the final number for next year. It is great to be serving with men of faith and vision for our church!

That's it for this week...

No comments: