In this final message in this series on marriage we concentrate on an element of marriage that is essential to experiencing unconditional love. It is forgiveness. You cannot have unconditional love without expressing unconditional love. You don't gain unconditional love by holding conditions on your spouse. This kills unconditional love. In this message we discussed how we can express forgiveness even when we have been hurt. THese questions are designed for you to take the message a little deeper.
1. Do you agree with this quote, "Marriage is not as much as finding the right person as it is being the right person?" Why or why not?
2. How do you handle anger in your marriage realtionship? Inwardly? Outwardly? Do you see it as an ally? Why or why not?
3. How would your attitude change if you got rid of the anger in your marriage relationship?
4. What story could you give to justify your anger instead forgiving your spouse? How does your story keep you from forgiving your mate?
5. How can Christ's forgiveness towards you be expressed towards your spouse?
6. How did God bring uncoditional love into your life? How could you bring that example of love into your marriage?
THINK ABOUT IT
What does Christ's forgiveness mean to you and your marraige?
CHANGE YOUR MIND
"Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, JUST AS IN Christ God forgave you." Ephesians 4:32
Check Out Friday's Awesome Amazon Deals - From the Smart Shopping Team...
4 months ago