In this three part series on freedom we have gone with the big idea that you cannot have freedom without courage. In the first message we duly noted this fact. In the second message we talked about a sure source for courage, God's promises. In this last message we ask the question, "How do you gain freedom when courage isn't enough?"
1. What are some circumstances that no amount of courage will change? (i.e. death of loved one)
2. Read Exodus 14:1-5. How did the Israelite's absence motivate Pharoah to go back on his word to let the Hebrews go?"
3. Read Hebrews 14:6-7. Why did the author make note of the size of the Egyptian army? How does this relate to the fear of the Jews trapped by the Red Sea? How does this relate to our fear when courage doesn't seem to be enough?
4. Read Hebrews 14:10-12. Why were the Israelites so willing to go back to what they, at one time, cried relief from? How does this relate to us?
5. Read Hebrews 14:13-14. Does Moses response make sense if you are an Israelite? Why or why not?
6. Why do the Israelites assume God is out of control if they are out of control? Are we the same? Different?
SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT
How can you stand firm in your faith when everything in you wants to stand down from your faith?
CHANGING YOUR MIND
Ex 14:13 Moses answered the people, "Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. Ex 14:14 The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still." (NIV)
Check Out Friday's Awesome Amazon Deals - From the Smart Shopping Team...
3 weeks ago