Friday, September 12, 2008

Hello!

What a crazy week! it's been very busy this week for me, but a good week.

Tuesday I went to the VEF board meeting. I am now serving as one of the directors. In case you don't know VEF (Virginia Evangelizing Fellowship) planted our church here a little over 6 years ago. VEF is involved in helping ChristianChurch preachers across the state, planting new churches (In fact 3 are being planted in VA this fall), and helping churches that are already existing. VEF is all about "pursuing kingdom growth." Our church supports VEF and through our support we are helping churches be planted all across the state of Virginia.

After I the meeting I came away with some lessons, ideas, or something like that. First, I noticed that I lacked a lot of perspective at how awesome and active the Kingdom of God is (sorry about the prep). We are not alone! We can get so caught up in our little concerns that we forget that we are part of the giant plan of God. Secondly, I came away humbled by these men on the board. Not all of them are preachers. Many are businessman. All seek to pursue kingdom growth. Thirdly, I get to participate. I wasn't treated like the new guy. They wanted to know what I was thinking. They found out real quickly not much! I was honored by theior attitude.

What does that mean for you? You are not alone. You are par of a bigger plan that has been going on for generations. God is bringing all people together.

Awesome! It's neat to see that all over the state.

Chat at cha later... Kirk

No comments: