Thursday, September 25, 2008

Crazy Week

Most of you know that my son Dietrich has had a rough summer. He has had surgery, stung by jellyfish at least twice, was bitten by close to 200 seed ticks (we counted them), then had 6 teeth pulled, and this week has been home from school for a week with a serious sinus infection and fever. Dietrich has had it rough. Pray for him!

Then this week has been a busy week with several meetings for me in the evenings. it's been one of the weeks when i say hi and bye to the family and roll on. You have weeks like that now and then.

it can wear on you mentally a little bit. That's why I was thankful for the finance seminar tonight. We looked at Romans 8:28 where God says he works together all things for good for thos who love him. I know I love God and I know he loves me (He went first) so i know things are working for good. God doesn't get tired so he is my refreshment and my source of strength. What a great verse of scripture!

I'm also preparing for the Simple Church Seminar on Saturday and God is really impressing me onthe power of systems. a system is how an organization gets things done. For example, McDonald's has a system on delivering you a hamburger. GM has a system for building a car. Your body has a system for walking, breathing, and battling viruses.

The church has a system and like a body it has several systems. I'm just learning about all of this and it really is amazing. I think the knowledge about systems will help our church grow farther.

Every church, I have learned, has eight primary systems of getting things accomplished. Each one needs attention to furtehr the church. I'll expand on those systems in upcoming blogs. It really is exciting.

No comments: