Monday, January 11, 2010

Getting Old...

Has anyone ever asked you on your birthday what it felt like to be a year older?

I have.  I generally reply that I don't feel one way or the other.

Then this week came, excepts it's not my birthday.  This week I saw two markers of getting older.  One was I started liking coffee.  Now, I know Starbucks made coffee cool to drink and all but when i was a kid, coffee was just something old people drank.

Well, this week, out of the blue, I started liking coffee! Albeit with plenty of chocolate creamer.  I really like that mocha taste.  Have you ever had a Tiramusu dessert.  I like my coffee to taste like that.  Anyway, that's one marker of age for me.

Then the other is I started needing reading glasses.  Can you believe it.  I look so oold with the glasses on the tip of my nose.  Ughh!

But onthe other hand I can see things so clear up close now!  I was starting to read my books almost two feet away.  That's not good.  In case you didn't know, I use a large print Bible to preach from so I could see the words easier.

Getting older is interesting.  I just keep on changing.  So far it hasn't hurt too much, but my Dad says growing old hurts. 

I sure hope he is wrong!

Have yourself Committed!

kirk

No comments: