Friday, November 9, 2007

God Just Keeps on Blessing

Hello everyone,

This past Sunday was truly awesome. We have been having Natalie attending our church of late and she is a great lady to know. She is from Long Island in New York and works over in Hampton. She is a a Jew.


Since this past summer I have been having discussions with her about the person of Jesus Christ and his role in God's plan for Jews and all mankind. I told her how Jesus shows a different way than the law to relate to God. I told her his death on the cross provided that new way.

Every Sunday when I would see her she would ask me, "Do you think I'm going to get there?" I said, "yes." This has gone on for several months now. Well, this past Sunday she came up to me after church. I was expecting her to say, "Do you think I'm going to get there?" But this time she didn't... she simply said, "I'm ready." It was such an emotional moment! Tears welled up in my eyes and my heart leaped! Incredible!

There are other stories as well. At the staff meeting Tuesday night we all shared stories about how we have seen different people growing in the Lord. It was really exciting to see all the growth taking place in our churches.

Then Sunday night we had our first Celebrate Life Live! and it went over really well. We had a great attendance and it looked to me everyone was having a great time. it was good to get together but it was also great to see new people getting involved in groups where real life can grow. I ended Sunday just overjoyed with what God is doing!

God has great things in store for us! Don't miss God's wave! Hang 10!

Kirk

No comments: