Saturday, November 17, 2007

Books

As most of you know I am a person that likes to read. I believe I enjoy it becasue I like to learn. It seems I can learn something from just about anything. I'm the weird one that likes reading the boring books. I like to read books on theology and preaching. I also like novels, but I have a tendency to choose from the latter.

I usually 2-6 books at the same time. One book I'm currrently reading is on preaching. It's called Preaching with Variety. It talks about how to preach from the different kinds of literature in the Bible. I don't know if you know it but the Bible is ull of poetry.. history, legal documents, public speeches, religous ritual, and of course the beloved stories from the Bible.

One point the book makes is how many different ways God communicates to us. He wants us to get a clear picture of who He is and also for us to get the message He loves us. A good preacher will use many different techniques to communicate the Gospel just like our heavenly Father does. That's one thing I strive for. I try to be as creative as I can in communicating the timeless truth.

Another book I'm reading is a business leadership book called, It's your Ship! I'm just gettting into it. It's how a navy captain turned the worst ship in fleet into the best ship in the fleet. I've just started on it but one thing I like aboutit is the Title. it communicates the idea that if you don't participate then it doesn't get done. It's your ship!

I hope you feel that way bout Celebration. I hope you feel like a vital part of something special going on! God is working amongst us! He will use you in a mighty way!

That's all for this week.

Kirk

No comments: