I just got back from summer vacation. I visited family, played a little golf, and had the privilege to speak at my former church in Kentucky. It was a great time! It was also good to see many family members and friends.
I preached this message in Kentucky and after some lengthy seat time in the van I decided this message needed to be heard by you as well. Here are some discussion questions based off of this weeks's message.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS: Read Revelation 1:9-18
1. How would you survive if Jesus' love was not part of this world?
2. Why does God choose to reveal this vision while John and the church are suffering?
3. Read Exodus 25:31-40. How is this revelation of Jesus like the High Priest? What stature does the High priest have in Jewish government?
4. How can the Jesus functioning as the glorified High Priest bring comfort and/or courage to Christians in suffering?
5. A High Priest's role was to be a represenative of the people to God. How does Jesus fulfill this role in this passage?
6. The High Priest was also a visible reminder to the people of Israel of God's righteous requirements. What righteous requirements was Jesus calling John and the 7 churches to adhere?
THINK ABOUT IT
When John saw the vision he fell down down before Jesus in reverential fear. When was the last time that you said after worship, "I left church in a reverential fear today?" Why not?
CHANGING YOUR MIND
"I am the First and the Last. I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive forever and ever!" Revelation 1:17b-18a (NIV)
Check Out Friday's Awesome Amazon Deals - From the Smart Shopping Team...
6 months ago