"Gaining Freedom" Discussion Guide
In order to gain freedom you must have courage. We see this illustrated all throughout history. Navy Seals, sailors, Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther King, Mother Teresa, all gained freedom for countless others and themselves because they displayed courage. Paul wrote, "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free." This freedom comes when we have the courage to face what oppresses in this life with Jesus Christ.
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS: Read 1 Corinthians 16:13.
1. Of the five oppressors mentioned in the message, which one do you relate to the most?
A. Substance Abuse (Money, Food, Alcohol, etc..)
B. Your Past
E. Your own Stupidity
2. Why is it important to keep alert as a Christian?
3. To "stand firm" means to keep your allegiance with Jesus. How can you do this?
4. Of the three parts of courage; 1. Facing reality; 2. Taking responsibility; and then 3. Taking action; which one is hardest for you to do? Why?
5. How can you grow strong in courage?
6. When you are seeking to overcome what is oppressing you why is it important to keep loving those around you? How can you do this?
THINK ABOUT IT
Recall the story of David and Goliath. What is your Goliath? How can David's statement to Goliath (1 Samuel 17:45-47) help you defeat your "Goliath?"
CHANGING YOUR MIND
"You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the Lord Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied!" 1 Samuel 17:45 (NIV)
Check Out Friday's Awesome Amazon Deals - From the Smart Shopping Team...
11 months ago