Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas Shopping

Hello,

Yesterday I took the kids Christmas shopping to buy gifts for thier mother. I had a list from Lisa and off to Greenbrier Mall we went. We had never gone to Greenbrier before so it was a new experience for us. We didn't expect to see two stories of stores! All the kids were excited. They were not excited to buy gifts for Lisa, but to look at stuff for themsleves! I had to remind them that we are here to buy Christmas for thier mother, and so off we went.

We looked at different stores and different items and we all found different gifts for Lisa. I won't divulge what those are here. We also went to eat in the Food Court and I found out that my family is growing! I used to be able to get just three slices of pizza to feed everyone. Now I have to buy a whole pizza.

After all that purchasing I had a thought like preachers do. My thoughts to went all the money I spent! But all that stuff is mine now, (until I give it away) becasue I purchased it.

I thought the same with God. He purchased me with the blood of his son, Jesus. Inthat case I belong to God now. I am his. In fact the Bible says specifically that we were bought at a price, and thus we should live righteous.

But I also thought this. God not only purchased me, but he has made me to be a gift to others around me. We say it like this, I'm blessed to be a blessing. God wants to be a gift to others, and share the joy of Christ to others. Jesus put it this way, "You are the salt of the earth. You are the light of the world."

Becasue I am purchase by his blood I can be a gift for all!

Merry Christmas!

Kirk

No comments: