This message was based on Ephesians 5:25-28a. In this scripture Paul instructs husbands to love thier wives as Christ loved the church. Here is a list of what Jesus does:
1. Gave himslef up for her
2. Cleansed her through the word (scripture)
3. Seeks to make her radiant
4. Seeks to make her holy and blameless.
This is how husbands ought to love thier wives. From this scripture the message Sunday presented 3 ways a husband is to uncoditionally love his wife.
I. She wants to be pursued- fight for her heart.
1. John Elderedge says every woman has a wound in thier heart either through violence or neglect. How can this be true? How can your love acted out towards her help heal that wound?
2. If you are bold ask your wife if she can say about you what Solomon's lover said about him, "I belong to my lover, and his desire is for me." (SS 7:10)
II. She desires to share the adventure- hunt for something greater.
1. What were (or are) some of the dreams you have for your relationship?
2. What adventure(s) do you share together? If it's children, what adventure will you share when they are gone? What is something bigger than the two of you can work towards? If you don't have somehting pray about it. Ask God to reveal what you two can work towards.
III. She wishes to be captivating- take delight in her.
1. Husbands, honestly, are your eyes sealed on your wife only?
2. When was the last time you verbalized, or wrote down, how you felt about her? Was this longer than a sentence or two? (Grunts and whistles don't count!)
SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT
Scripture teaches men are the leades (not dictators) of the home. Leaders go first. This means you go first in demonstrating unconditional love to your wife. Our model is Jesus, who went first at showing us unconditional love. What can you learn from Jesus' life that can help you demostrate unconditional love?
CHANGING YOUR MIND
"Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing of water through the word, and to present her to himself a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives...." Ephesians 5:25-28a
Check Out Friday's Awesome Amazon Deals - From the Smart Shopping Team...
4 months ago